This is my preferred flour blend. I have had good results using it in almost all cookie recipes I have tried. If you plan on using it in your favorite cookie recipe be sure to also reduce the butter/fat in the recipe by about half to account for the oil in the almond meal. When I mix this up this blend, I typically use full 16 and 20 oz. packages just to avoid measuring, but if you need or desire a smaller quantity mixture of 2 part almond meal : 1 part coconut flour : 1 part arrowroot starch by volume will yield a very similar final blend that act the same in recipes.
Almond-Coconut Flour Blend
- 2 (16 oz) packages Trader Joe’s Almond Meal
- 1 (16 oz) package Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour or Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour*
- 1 (20 oz) package Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch
- 2 cups (8 oz) almond meal
- 1 cup (4 oz) coconut flour
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) arrowroot starch
Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Store in a cool dry place.
*NOTE: I originally used Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour, but now find myself using the brand Coconut Secret as it available at my regular grocery store. The Coconut Secret coconut flour is more absorptive than the Bob’s Red Mill therefore less flour blend is needed in each recipe. Therefore, depending on the coconut flour used, the quantity of flour blend or liquid may have to be adjusted slightly.